Collection of personal information
- You can browse through this web site, including searching for a vehicle, without registering any of your personal information.
- This website collects personal information about you when you complete a form on the website and send it to us.
- When we collect, store, or use information about you we try at all times to comply with the national Principles for the Fair Handling of personal information.
- We do not disclose any information collected on the website to any organisation not related to this company.
- When you provide us with information on this website we may ask your permission to contact you in the future about products or promotions related to this company. If you give your permission you will be given the opportunity to withdraw it at any later time we contact you.
- If you do not give our permission you will not be contacted again except as it pertains to your specific request.
Information collected by our server
- When you visit this site, our server logs the following information provided by your browser (which does not personally identify you);
- The type of browser and operating system you are using the previous site that you visited.
- Your server's IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet: usually one of your service provider's machines).
- Our server logs the date and time of your visit, which pages of our website you visited and any documents you downloaded.
- We only use the information collected by our server to generate statistics and analyse site activity.
How we use personal information collected about you
- We will reply to your email address for the purpose for which you provide it.
- If your give permission we will use your personal information (see below for what personal information we collect) only to send you emails to announce products or promotions related to this company. Every time we send you an email, we will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive further emails of that type.
- We may also use your email address to respond to feedback given about this site, and to confirm receipt of emails sent to us.
What personal information do we collect?
When you send a form on this website to us, it will provide the following personal information:
- Your name
- Your email address
On some forms it will additionally ask for:
- Your phone number
- Your fax number
- Your address
- When booking a vehicle service, details of your vehicle
- When ordering merchandise, your credit card details
- Security of your personal information
- Any personal information you provide to purchase merchandise on-line, including credit card details will be protected by 128 bit Encryption Security provided by a Thawte SuperCert.
- To view this site securely, you need a browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or Microsoft Internet Explorer displaying a symbol such as a key or lock, to show you are in secure mode; if not, a warning will appear.
- Please note despite the high level of security installed on this website, we cannot guarantee that any e-mail is secure.
- Your credit card details will not be stored after the completion of the transaction.
Access to your personal information
- If you have any questions about this privacy statement or if you wish to gain access to the information that we may have collected about you, please contact us via our contact page.
- If any of the personal information we are holding has changed, we will correct it for you.
Links to other sites
This site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of other sites.
Changes to the statement
We reserve the right to change our privacy statement. A revised privacy statement will only apply to data collected subsequent to its effective date.
Vehicle information displayed within the web site is provided by Ingham Toyota. The information is displayed in good faith however Ingham Toyota makes no representations or warranties, under any circumstances, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of this information. Furthermore, under no circumstances will Ingham Toyota be liable for any claims of any nature caused by reliance on this information. It is the responsibility of the User to verify any information with Ingham Toyota and bear all risk for any inaccuracies.
The information and associated products and services contained in the web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Ingham Toyota may make improvements and/or changes to the web site at any time. Any views expressed in the web site are not necessarily those of Ingham Toyota except where specifically stated them to be the views of Ingham Toyota. Ingham Toyota or its employees and/or suppliers make no representations about the suitability of the information and associated products and services contained in the web site for any purpose. All information and associated products and services contained in the web site are provided without warranty of any kind other than those provided by statue in some states of Australia. Ingham Toyota or its employees and/or suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information and associated products and services, including all implied warranties. In no event shall Ingham Toyota or its employees and/or suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this web site or with the provision of service, information and associated products and services contained in the web site.
Ingham Toyota reserves the right to modify these terms from time to time and will provide the revised terms on this web site within a reasonable period.
Carney Townsville Partnership (ABN 16 842 172 023) ('Ingham Toyota') aims to provide its customers with the best possible products and service. To achieve this, we aim to make efficient use of the personal information we collect from our customers. We also want our customers and other persons with whom we interact to have confidence that in handling personal information, we afford that information an appropriate level of privacy, consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
What kinds of Personal Information does Ingham Toyota collect?
Personal Information is any information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a customer, dealer, supplier, contractor, stakeholder, job applicant, community grant applicant or in some other capacity. For example, if you are a customer or a potential customer, we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, licence number, vehicle purchase details and service history. If you deal with us in some other capacity (for example, as a dealer, a supplier or a stakeholder), we may collect your name, contact details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
If we are not able to collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
How does Ingham Toyota collect personal information?
How does Ingham Toyota use personal information?
Ingham Toyota collects personal information for a range of purposes relating to the products and services it offers. Those purposes include:
- responding to enquiries regarding vehicles and vehicle sales, products and accessories and services we offer
- receiving feedback and dealing with complaints
- processing orders and administering accounts
- providing customer support
- considering job applicants for current and future employment
- vehicle warranties and product recalls
- marketing and promotional activities
- product development and market research
- Meeting our regulatory and legal obligations
We may also use your information for other purposes required or authorised by or under law (including purposes for which you have provided your consent).
In conducting our activities, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others. Examples of the types of organisations we may need to disclose information to are:
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia (including parent company Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan)
- parts suppliers
- insurers and financiers
- a person outside Toyota Motor Corporation or Ingham Toyota who is contracted to us to provide a particular service on our behalf.
Some examples of the kinds of organisations with which we contract are:
- mailing houses for bulk mailing of letters and notices;
- printers for marketing material;
- organisations that assist us to conduct promotions or market research;
- information technology service providers;
- customer service centre providers; and
- accountants, lawyers and other service providers.
Some of Toyota Motor Corporation's service providers and companies in the Toyota group are located overseas, including their parent company Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan. As a result, personal information collected and held by Toyota may be transferred overseas. In particular, Toyota use service providers located overseas to store customer data, including in the US, the UK and Sweden.
Sometimes, the law requires us to disclose personal information. For example, information may be disclosed to a court in response to a subpoena or to a Government agency such as a vehicle licensing authority or the Australian Taxation Office. We also disclose driver and vehicle information to the National Exchange of Vehicle and Driver Information System (NEVDIS). We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties and for other purposes with your consent. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
From time to time, we may use personal information to inform our customers, prospective customers and other persons with whom we interact about our products and services, or about special offers, promotions and events that we think may be of interest to you. We may provide this information using any contact number or address provided, including without limitation by post, phone, email and SMS. We will generally give you the opportunity to express a wish not to receive direct marketing communications. Your consent to receive direct marketing communications in the above ways will be deemed if you do not opt out when we offer you the opportunity to do so, and will remain current for an indefinite period of time unless and until you advise us otherwise. You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing at any time (see below).
Ingham Toyota does not disclose personal information to organisations outside Toyota and its related companies for the purposes of allowing them to direct market their products. However, we may join Toyota Motor Corporation and other business associates of Toyota in joint marketing of our respective products and services to customers.
If the law requires us to provide you with information about our products or services, we will provide that information even if you have elected not to receive information about our products and services generally.
How can you opt out of receiving direct marketing?
You can let us know at any time if you do not want the personal information we hold about you to be used or disclosed for any of the above purposes, or you do not wish to be contacted in any of the above ways, by contacting us in any of the ways set out at the bottom of this policy. In some circumstances we may need to contact you to obtain additional information, to verify your identity or to clarify your request.
Ensuring personal information is up-to-date
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we will ask you to tell us if there are any changes to your personal information. If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately (in any of the ways set out at the bottom of this policy) and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Security of personal information
We may store your information in hardcopy and/or in electronic form. Security of personal information is important to us and we take reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect personal information include:
- external and internal premises security;
- restricting access to personal information only to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions;
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access or damage to electronically stored information, such as requiring identifiers and passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software; and
- maintaining physical security over paper records.
Access to personal information by individuals
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us in any of the ways set out at the bottom of this policy, and we will generally provide you with access subject to some exceptions permitted by law.
We may charge an access fee to cover the reasonable cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you.
Access to personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will explain why.
You can contact Ingham Toyota by:
Emailing us at: email@example.com
Writing to us at: PO Box 868, Ingham, QLD, 4850
Telephoning us on: 07 4776 8500